Hello from Laporte

Let us know who you are, what costumes you have and what you are working on, as well as any other info you want to share about yourself.
JazzHandsAlien

Hello from Laporte

Post by JazzHandsAlien » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Hello all!

To start, I have never gotten into advanced costuming before, so this is completely new to me but I think I would love to learn. I'm getting my feet wet by looking around and I can really see myself not only having fun with the costumes but also having a chance to give back to the community!

Anyway, I think I would eventually like to make a Scout Trooper and s Snowtrooper, but any advice on which to do first would be greatly appreciated. Both in terms of the build and also the needs of the role in the Garrison would be great things to know.

I look forward to learning from you all!

Pooper Trooper
NDG Members
NDG Members

Re: Hello from Laporte

Post by Pooper Trooper » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:22 pm

Howdy, welcome to the forums. Honestly it is up to you which you like to do first. Both are really cool sets of armor. If you have yet to do so, I suggest getting on the forums for the scout and snowtroopers. There are lots of good material on those sites as far as getting started. There are also several people in your area that are great help. Keep an eye out for upcoming armor parties, they are a great way to get to meet some of us.
"To get a kid to smile, makes it all worth while"

DJMoore

Re: Hello from Laporte

Post by DJMoore » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm

If you are on Facebook check out our build group, Norther Darkness Garrison Costume Costume Build Group.

There you cant get things like recommendations on where to get Armor and Soft Goods to when we have Armor parties where we all work on our builds while sharing info, knowledge and skills to help each other get Costumes done. And also encouragement when you feel like you want to give up.

I always tell people: pick the character that you absolutely love, because that love will help you when you get to a point where you wonder if this is worth it.

We have several Scout Troopers and Snow Troopers in the group that can give you advice.

DJ
TB/ID 82919
DJ
TB/ID 82919
EC 2023-2024
Command Staff 2022-2023