Hello, I'm who most call The Pooper Trooper. This is my Story!

Let us know who you are, what costumes you have and what you are working on, as well as any other info you want to share about yourself.
Pooper Trooper
NDG Members
NDG Members

Hello, I'm who most call The Pooper Trooper. This is my Story!

Post by Pooper Trooper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 pm

First off, I love each and everyone in this group, yall have made my life so much better getting to know all of you. (My family is probably getting annoyed of me always telling stories of my legion buddies)

My story starts about a score ago, (20 years for you non-Abe Lincoln speakin peeps) when I was forcefully removed from my mother's womb via cesarean section. I am the only Sailors child, so growing up I always spent alot of time playing by myself. I remember first watching the greatest film franchise of all time around the year of 2004...ish. I was looking in the one book case where we keep our dvds, and I came across this vhs tape (Yes I'm 20 and know what one of them vhs tapes are... but I digress.) On this box set, I saw this mysterious, yet intriguing white masked figured. I looked up to my dad and said "what is this?" He replied "that my dear sweet innocent child, is a stormtrooper." And I was like... "the heck is a stormtrooper???" and he said they are bad guys. Well long story short we watched The Empire Strikes Back together and I had no clue what was going on so I fell asleep like 15 mins into it. Fast forward a year and we did it the correct way, episodes 4,5,6. I WAS HOOKED!!!!!!! (Darth Vader was my favorite character.) That Christmas I got all ROTS toys, cause it was 2005 and that's all walmart had. but It was cool with me. I got the limited edition trilogies dvds soon after and started getting into the prequels, which spawned Battlefront 2, where I actually got to be a clonetrooper and be on the battlefield fighting the CIS. I would have dreams at night of me on day being a trooper in armor (I just did not think it would come true, cause I thought there is no way, I would ever be in a movie)

Sometime around 2015ish I was just scrolling through the facebook, and there was a picture that popped with these little kids in a hospital standing and playing next to these guys in stormtrooper armor. I clicked on the page and it brought me to the 501st FB page, I learned all about it and fell in love with it. I knew this is what I was meant to do in life. I read up on all the details, and got all ready to join, but there was 2 things I was missing. I was not 18, and I did not have a costume/ the financial stability to purchase one. So that year when I was visiting all of my older high school friends senior graduation party, I noticed people were giving them money to use towards college what other crap like that. So when it came time for my graduation party, I made a really nice display of what the legion is, what armor I was planning on doing, and especially all of the charity I would be doing, and told every one, that the money they were giving me was going to this. So many people helped me out financially, that I cannot even begin to fathom what I would have done without them. They helped me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. They have all encouraged me to keep plugging along and get the build done so I can make people happy. Without them, I would probably not be on this forum today typing out this extreamly long winded essay, that I am probably going to get a C- on when I turn it in, but oh well. Where was I?

Ah yes, I remember it like it was a year ago...(more like 366 days ago, but who's counting) I JOINED THE LEGION! I drove an hour and a half, for a makeshift armor party to fix some boo-boos I had in my armor (I should have done more research before I bought, but oh well lesson learned! My dear friends helped me get all set up and pics taken and I was a 501st legion memeber. TB-78161. I had my first troop a few months later on you guessed it MAY THE 4th at the Tincaps game. It WAS FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!!! All the kids were smiling and having so much fun, I got around 1,000 high fives from laughing children who all loved star wars, and thought it was so cool they got to meet stormtroopers and interact with us. I knew from that day forward, my motto would be "To make a kid smile, makes it all worth while." All that hard work and money was payed off within the first hour of trooping, it was all worth it.

Now to discuss the Elephant in the room about my quite odd nickname everyone calls me. POOPER TROOPER. I was a warm and fateful September day, it was the very first appearance of the 501st in my my hometown of Wabash, and I was the POC (This was my event I helped make). The group decided to go out for breakfast because it was a late morning parade, I had an omelette, it was delicioso. We got to Matt and Roger's tattoo shop, which was were we we changing at. I had heard a saying before I even joined the legion, "Poop before you Troop," because of how long it takes to get in and out of armor, so I did such that. I Pooped, and pooped, and kept pooping. That omelette tore me apart, and in return, I tore that poor toilet apart. Then news got out, that I clogged the toilet and no one else was able to use the facilities (sorry Chris :cry: ) Later in the afternoon, we were joking around about the whole situation, and the name Pooper Trooper got tossed out, and we all laughed and thus my nickname came to be, plus some humiliating rules about me being at future events/ house parties. I am no longer aloud to use the bathroom that other people in the group are using, and I can not go dispense waste at anybody house with out proper permission...

Welp now that we got that awkward story is out of the way I can come to a conclusion on my story. I am Cordell, TB-78161. I am a proud member of the NDG and the Advanced Recon Team 19: Ghost Squad. I am currently working on a Nova Trooper sentinel, Next is a jedi/grey jedi. Then possibly Tarfful.

With Much Love,
Cordell Sailors
Pooper Trooper

(P.S. I would have included photos, but I don't know how to do that, me no good wit compooters. Just go to the facebook and look me up, I do this thing called Trooper Thursday, where I post a picture of me in armor, and usually it also show a smiling kid standing with me, but if only you could see the smile of the face of the man underneath the mask... priceless)

Over and Out
"To get a kid to smile, makes it all worth while"

Obey Wann
NDG Members
NDG Members

Re: Hello, I'm who most call The Pooper Trooper. This is my Story!

Post by Obey Wann » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:27 am

Great story!

JawaJeanne
NDG Members
NDG Members

Post by JawaJeanne » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Lol! This is a fabulous story! It's awesome that you're so well remembered and can be so honest about what most would feel is an embarrassing story. Thanks for sharing!

epicjuicebox

Post by epicjuicebox » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:14 am

I was at that armor party you mention in your write-up - it was my first 'armor party'. Hard to believe it's been a year already. Looking forward to suiting up with you, fellow biker! Excelsior!